How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Marshmallow (Beanstalk custom ROM)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users can now have Android marshmallow 6.0.1 on their devices by flashing Beanstalk custom ROM. Beanstalk custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 is the best one because it has stock Android UI and animations to give you an awesome experience on your tab. Actually it is based on CM13 custom ROM build and we all know that CyanogenMod ROMs are best custom roms.
Beanstalk custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 has a lot of new features and it is fast and smooth as it is based on Android Marshmallow. Some of its cool features include app circle bar, PIE menu, several lock screen options, different battery styles, do not disturb feature, screen recorder and many other CM13 ROM features too. The following tutorial is about how to flash Beanstalk Marshmallow based ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 P3100.
Custom ROM installation requires a rooted device along with custom recoveries like TWRP or CWM. Before proceeding with flashing create a complete backup of your important data and charge your device.
This guide is only for Samsung galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100, Do Not use it on any other device or else you will end up bricking it. Custom ROMs installation voids warranty so do it on your own risk, In case of any mishap we won’t be held responsible.
1. Download and Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC because you’ll need to connect your device with PC.
2. Create a complet backup of all your important data like your Apps backup , contacts, Text data and other multimedia files. Use recovery for backing up your data because it is fast and easy.
3. Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don’t see developers options then in About Phone option enable them by tapping build number for seven times.
5. Charge your device battery at least 70% to avoid any power shortage problems.
Download Rom For Samsung Galaxy Tab
* Android (6.0.1) Beanstalk ROM | link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636002226
* Gapps for Marshmallow | link
Flashing Process To Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Marshmallow (Beanstalk custom ROM)
1) Download ROM file and Gapps from the above given links and then connect your phone with PC using USB cable.
2) Now copy both of zip files to your device SD card.
3) Unplug your Galaxy Tab 2 and turn it off, now you need to boot into recovery mode. To do so press and hold volume down and power button together.
4) Now hopefully you will see recovery menu, here first of all clear/wipe all data on your device (select wipe data/factory reset).
NOTE: Use power button to select option and volume buttons to scroll up and down.
5) After performing factory reset now wipe cache (wipe cache partition) and also Dalvik Cache in Advanced options.
6) After doing that, go back to the main recovery menu and tap Install zip option followed by choose zip from SD card and here navigate for ROM zip file you’ve copied, select and install it.
7) Wait for the process to complete and again tap Install zip but this time Gapps zip file, flash them.
8) Now the Flashing is done, go back to the main recovery menu and hit ‘Reboot system now’ option.
First boot up will take up to five minutes so don’t panic and hopefully you will see Beanstalk Marshmallow ROM running on your Tab.
Again if you have any problems. Do leave a comment and i will get back to you.