HTC one M7 users can now update their M7 devices to Marshmallow easily via flashing OwnROM which is a new custom firmware for HTC one M7. M7 is an amazing and popular smartphone by HTC and now it can run Marshmallow.
This ROM includes tons of features like it is pre-rooted and some other features include Theme engine, Ambient display, privacy guard, profiles, optional encryption, QS settings, clock customization and many others. To flash this awesome ROM follow our step by step guide and to let you know this is not an official firmware update by HTC. It is a custom ROM and hence require rooting along with custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
Backup your important data before flashing and read prerequisites.
* Download and install HTC USB drivers on your PC because you’ll be connecting it with your PC.
* Root your HTC M7 and also install custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
* Enable USB debugging mode in Settings > developers options, if developers options are disabled, enable them in settings first, under about phone option tap build number for seven times to Enable developers options and then Enable USB debugging mode.
* The custom ROM flashing will erase all the data on your HTC M7 so Create a Backup of all your important data like Apps, Texts, Gallery files and other multimedia files.
* Make sure your phone has charging more than 70% to avoid any power issues.
This tutorial is only and only for HTC One M7, Do Not try this on any other device or else you’ll end up in bricking it. Custom ROMs installation is unofficial and it Voids device warranty so do it on your risk, we won’t take responsibility of any mishap.
Download these files
Flash OwnROM Marshmallow on HTC one M7
1. Download ROM file and Gapps zip file from the above given links and extract boot.IMG from zip file separately.
2. Now using USB cable connect your HTC one with computer and copy the ROM zip file and Gapps file to your SD card (root folder).
3. Next copy the boot.IMG file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools.
4. Unplug your HTC and turn it off.
5. Now you need to boot it into Bootloader or Fastboot mode. To do so press and hold volume down and power buttons.
6. Now you are in Fast boot mode. Go to your PC and navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools and open command prompt (right click and Hold shift).
7. Here type the following command
fastboot flash boot boot.img
8. After that type
9. Follow the instructions and select BOOTLOADER and then boot your device into recovery mode ( press and hold volume down + home + power buttons simultaneously).
10. Now in recovery menu first of all perform a factory reset ( wipe data/factory reset ).
11. After that clear the cache ( wipe cache partition ) and also Dalvik Cache in advanced option.
12. Now to start flashing , tap Install zip option then choose zip from SD card and navigate for CM13.zip file and select it and tap install, installation will begin.
13. Wait for completion, once done again Install zip > choose zip from SD card but this time select Gapps.zip file.
Congrats! You’ve successfully flashed OwnROM (Marshmallow) on your HTC one M7. If you’ve any queries drop a comment.