Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 can easily be updated to Android Marshmallow with CM13 custom Rom. Cyanogen Mod Roms are the best custom Roms available for many Android devices, CM Roms are stable and smooth and thats why improves your device’s performance. Samsung Tab S has 8.4 inches Super Amoled capacitive touch screen with 1600 × 2560 resolution. It has 16/32 GB internal memory with 3GB of RAM, it comes with Kitkat platform and is upgradable to Android Lollipop and now you can install Marshmallow CM13 on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 by following our guide.
Custom Roms Flashing
Flashing custom Rom on any Android device requires root and a Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP. Custom Rom like CM lets you enjoy latest Android version with a lot of new features and Customizations. It increases battery life and you can have new themes launchers and many other cool stuff on your device. Before proceeding to install Marshmallow CM13 on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 make sure you have created backup of all your important data.
Flashing custom ROMs Voids device’s as it is unofficial so do it on your own, if something goes wrong we (idroidblog.com) won’t take any responsibility. This guide is only for Samsung galaxy tab 8.4, Do Not use it on any other device or else you will end up bricking it.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC because you’ll need to connect your device with PC.
- Create a complete backup of all your important data like your Apps backup , contacts, Text data and other multimedia files. Use recovery for backing up your data because it is fast and easy.
- Don’t forget to Enable USB debugging, go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don’t see developers options then in About Phone option enable them by tapping build number for seven times.
- Charge your device battery at least 70% to avoid problems.
Download these files
Install Marshmallow CM13 on Galaxy Tab S 8.4
- Download CM13 Rom and Gapps and then connect your Galaxy Tab with PC using USB cable and tranfer these files to your Tab.
- Unplug your device and boot it into recovery mode, to do so Press and hold Volume Up + Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Now you are in recovery mode here first of all choose wipe data / factory reset and wipe all data.
- Now wipe Cache tap wipe cache partition and after that wipe Dalvik Cache too in Advanced options.
- Now start flashing, tap Install zip option and navigate for CM13.zip file and select it to install.
- Once it completed again Install zip and this time select Gapps.zip and flash it.
- Wait for a while and when it is flashed go back to the main recovery menu and Tap Reboot option.
- You are all done now, your device will reboot and first boot up takes upto 5 minutes so dont worry.
Note: If it is stuck in bootloop , reboot your device in recovery Mode and perform a factory reset and also clear cache, hopefully it will turn on and welcome to Marshmallow.
Hope you like our method to Install Marshmallow CM13 on Galaxy Tab S 8.4. For any queries comment below. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.