Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is a famous and good smartphone. It has 5.7 inches super AMOLED display, quad core krait processor makes it super fast with 3GB of RAM memory. Note 3 has 13MP rear and 2MP primary camera. Jellybean is its default software and it is upgradable to Lollipop but now Note 3 users can enjoy Android Marshmallow on their Devices by following this guide to update Galaxy Note 3 to Android 6.0 CM13 Rom. As Samsung is not releasing Marshmallow for Note 3 so the only way to Update it is unofficially flashing custom ROM. And CyanogenMod ROMs are best for it, CM13 firmware is based on AOSP so you don’t need to worry about compatibility issue, all features and functions will perform perfectly.
Before moving forward you should have knowledge about flashing custom ROMs, Custom ROM installation needs your device to be rooted along with custom recovery installed on it like CWM and TWRP recoveries. Rooting Android device is a bit risky process but not for those who are aware of and if you are a newbie do it under the supervision of someone familiar with it. Install Marshmallow on your Galaxy Note 3 following our step by step guide.
Before updating Galaxy Note 3 to Android 6.0 CM13 Rom follow these instructions.
- Make sure your Galaxy Note 3 is rooted with ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery installed on it.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers for your PC because you’ll be connecting your device with computer.
- Create a full backup of all your important data like your Apps backup, contacts, Text data and other multimedia files.
- Enable USB debugging, to enable go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging. If you don’t see developers options in settings enable it in About Phone option by tapping build number for seven times.
- Make sure your phone has charging at least more than 70% to avoid power problems.
This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Do Not try this on any other device or else you may result in bricking your device. Flashing custom ROMs is unofficial and Voids device’s warranty so do it on your own, we won’t take responsibility of any damage caused to your device. This will work on any Galaxy Note 3 model.
Download: 6.0 CM13 for Note 3
Download: Google Apps
Update Galaxy Note 3 to Android 6.0 CM13 Rom, Steps
- Download the files above on your PC. Do no extract the files.
- Copy and move the above downloaded files to your device by connecting it with your PC via USB cable.
- Now unplug your Note 3 and turn it off.
- Make sure your device is completely switched off and then boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up + home + power buttons simultaneously. Navigate up and down by volume buttons and select by power buttons in recovery mode.
- Here in recovery mode first of all create a Nandroid backup (Advanced > backup and restore > backup to SD card.
- Now perform a factory reset by selecting wipe data/ factory reset.
- After that clear cache and wipe cache partition and Dalvik Cache in advanced options.
- Now choose install zip option followed by Choose zip from SD card and select CM13.zip file and install it.
- Once it completes again choose zip and install but this time select the Google Apps.zip.
- That’s it now go back to the main recovery menu and reboot your device from here.
- First boot up will take some time so be patient and if it is stuck in bootloop reboot it into recovery mode perform a factory reset, wipe cache, Dalvik Cache and reboot it now hopefully you will see marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. All Done!!
That is it. Like and share our tutorial on Update Galaxy Note 3 to Android 6.0 CM13 Rom. Subscribe also. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end. Comment below if you have any issues.