Samsung Galaxy A7 is going to receive Android Marshmallow update in few upcoming months but if you want to enjoy marshmallow now on your Galaxy A7 you can install it by following our guide. This is totally stable ROM for your Galaxy A7 in fact better than Touchwiz UI. CM 13 Resurrection Remix is Marshmallow based ROM packed with tons of features and customization options. After flashing it on your Galaxy A7 you will experience improved performance and a good battery life and if I’m not wrong this is what you’re looking for so without any delay let’s check out some of its features.
This ROM is actually a mixture of some ROMs like CM, Omni, Slim and original remix to Rom builds. And that’s why includes features of all these ROMs and gives an awesome performance along with these features it has features of latest Android marshmallow like doze mode, multi window and more. Some other cool features include CM theme engine, toast animation, customisation of battery icon, system animation, enable/disable navigation bar, CM Audio FX app, gestures anywhere and many more. This ROM has Android OS version 6.0.1 and kernel version Linux 3.10.94.
* Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC because you’ll be connecting your A7 with PC.
* Root your Samsung A7 and also install custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. TWRP recovery will be used in this post.
* Enable USB debugging mode in Settings > developers options, if developers options are disabled, enable them in settings first, under about phone option tap build number for seven times to Enable developers options and then Enable USB debugging mode.
* The custom ROM flashing will erase all the data on your Samsung A7 so Create a Backup of all your important data like Apps, Texts, Gallery files and other multimedia files.
* Make sure your phone has charging at least more than 60% to avoid any power issues.
This tutorial is only for Samsung SM-A700 FD,Do Not try this on any other device or else you’ll end up bricking it. Custom ROMs installation is unofficial and Voids device warranty so do it on your risk, we(Idroidblog.com) won’t take responsibility in case of any mishap.
Download these files
CM13 ROM for A7 | download link
Gapps Marshmallow | link
Flash CM13 Resurrection ROM on Samsung Galaxy A7
1. After downloading the ROM zip file and Gapps package from the above given links connect your device with PC via USB cable and copy these files to your device SD card.
2. Unplug your device and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up + home and power buttons simultaneously.
3. Now in TWRP recovery go to wipe option and wipe system data, Cache and also Dalvik Cache swipe to wipe.
4. Go back to the main recovery menu and tap install and choose CM13 ROM zip file you have copied and swipe to confirm flashing.
5. This will take a while, once Flashed go back again and tap install and this time select GApps zip file and swipe to Flash.
6. That’s all folks, flashing is done reboot your device and as first boot up takes about 5 minutes so be patient. Congrats! Now your device Samsung Galaxy A7 will be running Android Marshmallow.