Samsung Galaxy Note 4 can now easily be updated to Android Marshmallow. The stock ROM is Android 6.0.1 based which is the latest Android software, it is just like Samsung’s TouchWiz based firmware with some new tweaks like it is pre Rooted, zipaligned and based on Stock Kernel. You can Flash this stable, fast and improved ROM on your Galaxy Note 4, all you need to do is follow our guide. This stock is rooted and with a lot of new features to give you an amazing experience on your Note 4.
If you are aware of flashing custom ROMs this should be easy for you but for beginners they must know that how to root the device and other things. Before flashing a custom ROM you should have rooted device along with custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on it. Read the prerequisites carefully and then proceed further.
This Guide is only intended for Galaxy Note 4 N910F, Do Not try this on any other device or variant otherwise you’ll end up with bricking your device. Custom ROM Flashing requires Root access and it Voids device warranty so do it on your own risk. We (Idroidblog.com) won’t be held responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Note: Samsung KIES won’t detect your device after flashing this ROM because it is not an official process.
* Root your Galaxy Note 4 and install a custom recovery on it.
* Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC because otherwise your PC won’t detect your device.
* Create a Backup of all your important data including Apps, Texts, Contacts, photos and other multimedia files. If the recovery is already installed it is recommended to use it for creating Backup as it is fast and creates the whole image copy.
* Make sure your device has enough charging, at least 60% to do the process safely.
* Enable USB debugging mode in Settings > developers options, if developers options are disabled enable them in settings under about phone option tap build number for seven times to Enable developers options and then Enable USB debugging mode.
Download ROM file here
Android 6.0.1 stock ROM file Note 4 | link
Steps to follow
1. Download the Rom zip file and then connect your Note 4 with PC using USB data cable.
2. After that copy the downloaded ROM zip file to your device SD card.
3. After copying unplug it and turn it completely off.
4. Now you need to put your device into recovery mode. To do so press and hold Volume up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
5. Now you’ll see recovery menu here to begin the flashing process first of all perform factory reset (wipe data/factory reset)
Note: Use power button to select and volume buttons to scroll up and down in recovery menu.
6. After that clear the Cache (wipe cache partition) and also the Dalvik cache in advanced option.
7. Now to flash the ROM tap install zip from sdcard and select the ROM file you had copied recently to your SD card. Confirm the flashing and process will begin.
8. Once it’s done, go back to the main menu and Reboot your device.
That’s all, your device will reboot now and first boot up will take about 5 minutes of your time and hopefully your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F will be running Android Marshmallow.